April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

No it's not a joke! I'm actually updating my blog! This last month has been so busy (as always) for our family and I'm excited to share some of the good, sad and funny moments that we have had over the last month, but since it's April Fool's Day I thought I would share a funny story from when PJ and I were in High School.

As many of you know PJ and I met our sophomore year in high school. I was his first date after he turned sixteen and even though we were never boyfriend/girlfriend in high school, we had a very friendly relationship and had a lot of fun playing jokes, flirting, and of course playing volleyball.

It was on a beautiful spring morning—not the snowy kind-- a few years ago when PJ decided to start a war of jokes. PJ broke into our locker and stole our Easter candy. We soon started drafting up notes threatening PJ with his life and all kinds of unmentionables if he didn’t return our candy. Apparently he didn’t feel any kind of threat and the candy remained in his possession. Of course we couldn’t let him get away with this criminal act and so we decided to take the law into our own hands.

On the first day of April, my best friend Bethany and I decided to try and steal the candy back. After school that day, we drove over to PJ’s house and found that no one was home, but the front door was unlocked. We quickly entered and found PJ’s room. There was no candy in sight, but we found something even better. PJ”s country CD’s and a picture of his current girlfriend—blah!! At that time I hated country, but PJ absolutely loved it. We decided that we would take all of his country CD’s and the picture of his precious girlfriend as ransom until the candy was safely delivered to its rightful owners. We left a note stating our terms and quickly left.

Later that night during family home evening the phone rang and my dad answered it. He quickly replied that it was for me and that I needed to hurry since we were in the middle of the lesson. This is how the conversation went:

Andrea: Hello

Lady on Phone: Is this Andrea Diane Cutler?

Andrea: Yes. Who is this?

Lady: This is the Orem Police Department. We have witnesses that have testified that you and another individual broke and entered into an Orem Residence earlier this afternoon at approximately 3:45 p.m.

Andrea: I don’t know what you are talking about.

Lady: There are witnesses who say that you broke into a house early this afternoon and took some items that belong to the Peery family.

(At this point, it finally hit me what she was talking about)

Me: Oh that! That was just a joke. One of my friends lives there and we were just having a little fun.

Lady: Breaking and entering is no joke! We are sending an Orem Police Officer over to investigate further.

(About this time I was almost in tears and my family was yelling at me to get off the phone.)

The officer concluded with: And Andrea, one more thing…April Fools!!!

PJ set me up!!! He talked his mom into pretending that she was a police woman. I have to admit I was scared! Although PJ and I still had a little negotiating to do, he certainly won that playful war.


PJ, Me, and our friend Dane in High School after a boys volleyball game.

5 comments:

Dane said...

That's hilarious! And we love the picture of Dane...hahaha :) I can totally see Debbie helping with such a joke.

Mels said...

I loved reading this story. I had no idea you guys even knew each other in HS! How cool is that? Love the picture you posted, you guys haven't changed a bit!

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

That is SUCH an awesome story! That is sooooo funny!

By the way, I absolutely love the pic. It's a keeper.

Sarah Coyne said...

Great story!!! And this picture of you guys is classic!

Cousin said...

Oh man!! How crazy that he would have his Mom call like that!! Great story!
Heather Bakker