February 15, 2009

Valentines Weekend

Our family had a great Valentines weekend, not necessarily because we got showed with gifts, but because we got to spend the whole weekend with those we love most.

On Friday night our whole family, on the Cutler side, meet together and went up to the Draper Temple Open House. Although it was a really late night we had such a good experience walking through the temple with our two kids. In our Family Home Evening lessons, we have been talking about the importance of the temple and it was really neat for us to watch the reverence which our kids showed as they walked through the temple. Madison kept saying, “Jesus House” and Mckay without us telling him, kept his arms folded the whole time. It’s amazing that at such a young age they can feel the importance of this holy house. For me, it was another witness of how close children are to our Heavenly Father and how we should be more like them.


Draper Temple


The next morning for Valentines, we made our family’s favorite breakfast-crepes. At breakfast we gave each other our little Valentines. Mckay made a cute card for Madi, and PJ and I got Mckay Lego Star Wars for the Wii. For our Valentine gift to each other this year, PJ and I decided to get Rascal Flats concert tickets. The concert is on February 26th and I can hardly wait! PJ has never really liked going to concerts, but I absolutely love them. For him to do this with me is a real act of love! Thank you Sweetheart! I love you!

Later that day, PJ took me to see Confessions of a Shopaholic at the Spanish Fork movie theater. Although it’s a cheesy girl movie, I really liked it. (PJ teased that’s because I can relate!) After the movie we picked up a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy’s (Mckay’s request). PJ’s mom and Judd joined us for dinner and brought dessert. For the rest of the night we enjoyed a fun night at home playing Star Wars on the Wii, Go Fish, and watching another chick-flick—I really am loved! PJ kept asking when we are going to have a boy’s movie night. Poor guy! Maybe he can finally watch the new Batman movie while I’m playing volleyball in the Roosevelt tournament this weekend.

3 comments:

HBC said...

You guys really did have a great Valentines Day weekend!! I am a little jealous PJ took you to a chick flick! :) He's a good husband!! Although I can't complain. I have a pretty great guy myself. :)

Natalie said...

I found you again! I love that PJ took you so see Confessions of a Shopaholic! What a good valentine. And the temple open house was surely the perfect way to spend the weekend as a reminder of really how lucky we are to have our families/valentines forever!

Sarah Coyne said...

Wow, I can't believe that P.J. went to shopaholic... Definitely a keeper that one!